Indonesia : PRAYER FOR THE VOCATION
Vocation is a gift of GOD. It is like a seed which GOD has planted in each ones heart which symbolises with the soil. To keep it alive then we need water to grow according to HIS will. Now a days a call to be a religious is not easy. With the development of the technology, the changes of the time and the different ways of looking at the call itself; some how the challenges invite us to widen our hearts and minds to motivate the young people to find their vocation. Just like wisdom who seeks out and wants us to be with HIM and live in love.And calling us to do a job for HIM.
O Holy spirit, spirit of wisdom and divine love, impart your knowledge, understanding and counsel to the youth that they may know the vocation wherein they can best serve GOD. Give them courage and strength to follow GOD’s Holy will. Guide their uncertain steps, strengthen their resolutions, shield their chastity, fashion their minds , conquer their hearts, and lead to the vineyards where they will labor in GODS HOLY SERVICE.
- Holy spirit song: from luwalhatit book no.442(other option)
- Opening hymn:luwalhatit book no.62(yahweh you are near,other option)
- Psalm:139:1-6,13-16, 23-24
Lord you have probed me, you know me:
You know when I sit and when I stand;you understood my thoghts from a far..my travels and my rest you mark;with all my ways you are familiar.
Even before a word is on my tongue,Lord you know it all. Behind and before you encircle me and rest your hand upon me. Such knowledge is beyond me, far too lofty for me to reach.
You formed my inmost being; you knit in my mothers womb.
I praise you,so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your ways
My very self you knew;my bones were not hidden from you,
When I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth
Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down;
My day were shaped, before one came to be.
How precious to me are your designs o GOD; how vast the sum of them!
Were I to count ,they would out number the sands;to finish I would need eternity.
Probe me GOD, know my heart;try me,know my concerns.
See if my way is crooked, then lead me in the ancient paths.
Personal Reflection (accompanied by instrumental music)
-what is God’s spesific call to me?
-Do i hear my name call by God?(Samuel...samuel....samuel...)
- How much do i see my life as an answer to GOD’s call?
- Do I at any time seek guidance from others as Samuel did?
Response: Lord guide the youth to find their vocation......
- Father of love, may your christian people be guided by your word into accordance with your will...R
- Father you know the many young people who have strayed from your church;touch their hearts and help them find their true happiness in you alone...R
- Father of mercy and compassion,look with love on the concecrated man and women and married couples who have strayed from their vocation, help them to be committed, loving and more understanding each day. Teach them to follow Christ even to the point of being ready to lay down their lives for others.....R(you are invited to add your own intercession for the need of the vocation in your place..)
faithful to your call so that your Name may be glorified. We make this prayer.......amen
1.....our father 1.....hail mary
Creator spirit, author of life, bring this earth to the fullness of which you have destined it. Fill all the young people called in baptism with a desire to say”yes” to what you ask of them.help them to be co-workers with you in sharing the promise of your son.we ask this through Jesus Christ Wisdom our Lord.amen....