“......COME FOLLOW ME.....” (LUKE,5:27”)
Opening hymn: with joy ful lips
With joyful lips, O Lord, I will sing your praise,
I will sing your praise; you are a feast for my soul.
1. O God you are my God and my hope
My soul thirsts after you.
2. Your glory I behold in the temple,
Your majesty enthroned.
3. More beautiful than life is your glory.
My lips shall sing your praise.
4. So all my life I bless you O Lord,
To you I lift my hands.
5. As one that you have called to your feast,
My heart gives thanks to you.
My soul clings fast to you.
7. My thoughts have turned to you in the night
At dawn I sing your praise.
8. For you have been the light of my soul,
In you I put my trust.
9. To Father, Son and Spirit give glory,
Both now and evermore.
When the lord saw Moses he coming over to look at the burning bush more closely,God called out to him from the bush,”Moses!Moses!”He answed, “Here I am”. God said, “Come no nearer! Remove the sandles from your feet,for the place where you stand is holy ground.I am the God of your father ,”He continued,” the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob.”Moses hid his face for he was afraid to look at God but the Lord said ,” I have witnessed the affliction of my people in Egypt and have heard their cry of complaint against their slave drivers,So I know well what they are suffering. Come ,now! I will send you to Pharaoh to lead my people,the Israelites,out of Egypt.”but Moses said to God,”Who am I that I should go to pharaoh and lead the Israelites out of Egypt?”He answered ,”I will be with you “.
Reflection: Reflect on the Scripture reading with the background of instrumental music, and have short Sharing on it.
- You who were sent by the father,and chose the Apostles to continue your mission in the world, grant that many young people may choose the apostolic life in evangelical poverty(R)
- Lamb of God, who by your death on the cross, showed your invinite love for us, raise up men and
- and women who will show their love for you by following the way of the cross(R)
- Eternal Wisdom, who deigned to become incarnate in the womb of the Blessed Virgin, show to all those you call to follow you the happiness of welcoming you in to their hearts(R)
- Lord of Gory, who in baptism planted in us the seed of eternal life, welcome in to your eternal passover feast, all those in this lifeworked for the spread of you reign(R)
Creator Spirit, author of life bring this earth to the fullness of which you have destined it. Fill all your people called in baptism with a desire tosay ”Yes” to what you ask of them.Help them to be co-workers with you in sharing the promise of your son.we ask through Christ our Lord..Amen..